THE UPDATED FARRAH IS HERE!
Farrah was the second Chalk and Notch Pattern to be released in adult sizes, and it’s now our tenth pattern to be available in our current 0-30 size range. We are so close to having all of our patterns updated!
Changes to the Farrah Pattern
You might be wondering exactly what has been updated, so please review the notable changes below. However, if you already own the Farrah and are happy with the fit, there is no need to make any changes to your pattern.
- Updated branding and layout to be consistent with our updated patterns.
- Updated sewing instructions for a better sewing experience.
- Six new sizes: 20/22/24/26/28/30. The new Chalk and Notch size range is 0-30, with two bust cup options. See the size chart below. This will be the size range for all future patterns.
- This pattern includes two bust cup options: A/B & C/D. The new bust cup addition is basically a built-in Full Bust Adjustment. For your reference, the cup size is determined by calculating the difference between the high and full bust. If the difference between your high bust and full bust is between 0” and 2” (5 cm), use the A/B cup. If the difference is between 2” (5 cm) and 4” (10 cm), use the C/D cup. You can see the updated size chart and garment measurement chart below.
- We added 1/2″ (1.25 cm) more ease in the hips.
- All sizes were regraded and tested, but overall the fit is very similar to the original.
To celebrate the updated release, the Farrah will be on SALE through Friday, May 21st. No coupon code needed.
THE UPDATE IS INCLUDED IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE FARRAH
If you already own the Farrah, the updated files will appear in your account, so there is no need to repurchase it. To access your files, log in to your account by clicking on the icon that looks like a “person” in the upper right-hand corner of the Chalk and Notch website.
After you enter your username and password, you will see a button labeled “downloads” on the left-hand side. Your purchased patterns should all be there.
Please download the updated Farrah files for your records. Each updated pattern comes with four files: the Pattern Tutorial, the Print at Home Pattern, and two Copy Shop options. If you are ever missing any files, please feel free to contact Chalk and Notch for assistance. If you purchased the Farrah from a third party, you should be able to get the updated files from them. If you purchased from a third party site that is no longer active, please contact us with your receipt and we will make sure you receive the update.
The Farrah pattern is a ruffle detailed blouse and dress. View A includes ruffle short sleeves and View B is sleeveless with a front ruffle. Both views include a side slit with a high-low hem detail.
The pattern is listed as INTERMEDIATE sewing level with a few skills that may be new, like sewing a mitered split hem and inserting a gusset. Clean finish sewing instructions have been added when possible for a professional-looking result. There are detailed, step-by-step illustrated instructions to help you along the way, and if you’d like more help, the Chalk and Notch Patterns Facebook Group is a great place to get support. Many of the testers are members there, so you have great resources if you ever need them.
CUSTOM FITTING ADJUSTMENTS
There are custom fitting adjustments included in the pattern, but we have also put together a post with more details here. Testing always helps us address a variety of custom fit adjustments, and the Farrah was no exception. We hope you find all of the information you need to fit your Farrah! If you need additional help or have questions, please feel free to email or join the Chalk and Notch Patterns Facebook Group – we are always happy to hear from you!