THE UPDATED PONY & MINI PONY ARE HERE!
We have been working to update our patterns and today we are able to re-release three of our knit patterns; the Pony, Waterfall & Pixie along with Mini versions & Bundles for each pattern.
We are so excited to offer more sizes, more views, and mini versions for all of these patterns! To make sure you have all of the details for each update we are keeping our release post separate. You can read about the Pony & Mini Pony release below and the Waterfall here & Pixie here.
The Pony Tank is such an easy pattern to make and wear! We love it for warm weather as a stylish tank or dress plus workout and sleepwear too.
Thanks to Leanne @threadyforit for collaborating with us to take styled photos for the Pony Tank release! We know it’s helpful to see a pattern on a variety of people so we have posted our tester round-up here. We love seeing all of the fabrics and styling options together.
Changes to the Pony Pattern
You might be wondering exactly what has been updated, please review the notable changes below. However, if you already own the Pony and are happy with the fit, there is no need to make any changes to your pattern.
- Updated branding and layout to be consistent with our updated patterns.
- Six new sizes: 20/22/24/26/28/30. The new Chalk and Notch size range is 0-30, with two bust cup options, see the size chart below. The Pony, Waterfall & Pixie patterns are the first Chalk and Notch patterns to include the full size range, and we’ll be working through all previously released patterns to include this update. This will be the size range for all future patterns.
- This pattern includes two bust cup options: A/B & C/D. The new bust cup addition is basically a built-in Full Bust Adjustment. For reference, the cup size is determined by calculating the difference between the high and full bust. If the difference between your high bust and full bust is between 0” and 2” (5 cm), use the A/B cup. If the difference is between 2” (5 cm) and 4” (10 cm), use the C/D cup. You can see the updated size chart and garment measurement chart below.
- A new cropped tank view (view A). There is no cropped view for the Mini Pony.
- 1/4″ (0.6 cm) length has been added through the armhole (on the front and back bodice).
- We have added a Mini Pony pattern to our collection! The size range is 12M to 12 years, see the size chart below.
To celebrate the updated release, the Pony, Waterfall & Pixie along with Mini versions (and bundles) will be on SALE through Monday, October 19th. Patterns on sale are already discounted, no coupon code needed.
If you purchase three or more patterns, use the coupon code: extra10 to receive an additional 10% off your order! This coupon can be used when purchasing any three patterns and expires on 10/19 at midnight.
THE UPDATE IS INCLUDED IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE PONY
If you already own the Pony, the updated files will appear in your account, so no need to repurchase it. To access your files, log in to your account by clicking on the icon that looks like a “person” in the upper right-hand corner of the Chalk and Notch website.
After you enter your username and password, you will see a button labeled “downloads” on the left-hand side. Your purchased patterns should all be there.
Please download the updated Pony files for your records. Each updated pattern comes with four files: the Pattern Tutorial, the Print at Home Pattern, and two Copy Shop options. If you are ever missing any files, please feel free to contact Chalk and Notch for assistance. If you purchased the Pony from a third party, you should be able to get the updated files from them. If you purchased from a third party site that is no longer active, please contact us with your receipt and we will make sure you receive the update.
The Pony Tank is a swing shaped knit tank top or dress with a curved hem. There are three views: a cropped tank (new view), a tank top, and a tank dress.
The Mini Pony Tank is a NEW addition to our pattern library! It includes the same swing shape and curved hem as the adult version. There are two views: a tank top and a tank dress. My girls have been loving wearing their Ponys since we still have serval weeks of summer weather left in California.
The pattern is listed as ADVANCED BEGINNER sewing level with the most challenging sewing steps being: sewing the v-neck neckband and hemming a lightweight knit. These steps are not difficult, but may be a new skill to learn. I have included sewing instructions to give you a clean finish when possible for a professional-looking result. There are detailed, step-by-step illustrated instructions to help you along the way, and if you’d like more help, the Chalk and Notch Patterns Facebook Group is a great place to get support. Many of the testers are members there, so you have great resources if you ever need them.
CUSTOM FITTING ADJUSTMENTS
There are custom fitting adjustments included in the pattern, but we have also put together a post with more details here. After testing the Pony pattern (during two separate tests), we have addressed a variety of custom fitting questions. We hope you find all of the information you need to fit your Pony! If you need additional help or have questions, please feel free to email or join the Chalk and Notch Patterns Facebook Group – we are always happy to hear from you!
We’d love to see what you come up with, so if you share your makes, please tag @chalkandnotch and use the hashtags #ponytankpattern, #minipontank #chalkandnotchpatterns so we can see and share your creations!